Bus and coach services are flexible, adaptable and good value. A range of express coach services to key destinations have been developed from Stansted Airport with the main destinations being Victoria, Stratford, Old Street and Liverpool Street.
In addition, local bus services can provide an effective alternative for shorter distance journeys in and around the Stansted Area.
Due to the Airport’s connectivity, the Bus and Coach station acts as a regional hub for the local community to access a range of onward travel options.
- To work with bus and coach operators to identify opportunities for new and improved regional and local bus and coach services and provide financial support where justified;
- To improve the environmental performance of bus and coach services (including charter services) operating to and from the airport through the introduction of Euro 5 standard vehicles or alternatively fuelled vehicles;
- To encourage improvements in environmental performance through differential charging and Euro 6 vehicle introduction
- To introduce a real-time information system for local buses to the Bus and Coach Station;
- To investigate the feasibility for passenger shelter and improved waiting facilities for the charter bus and coach bays;
- To liaise with Transport for London (TfL) and London boroughs to improve the passenger experience travelling by coach to and from London.